Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thing 17


Well being stubborn I chose to send a friend request to Catatonia's Bebo Page. However when Catatonia and I tried the hyperlink on our express terminals it didn't work because right click has been disabled but she assures me I have the correct link.


When I went on to Myspace nearly every search I tried was blocked by Webmarshall for inapropriate content when I was looking up absolutely harmless music that I like which is by no means inapropriate in any way. However I found a picture of a singer I like who is a New Zealander and formed the group Amici. Geoff has now gone solo and his first album is very good he has a great voice
If people have to search Myspace for this exercise then I suggest our Library techs take a look at relaxing some of the blocks on this site.
Well next I went to Facebook and found my buddy Catatonia so have added her as a friend not that I intend to use my Facebook profile I had to create just to complete this exercise. In adding her as a friend it sends a request to her to add me thus doing what you are supposed to get through this drama.
I went on to Hennepin County Library site on Facebook and it's not too bad. It gives you relevant information like their URL for their web page. You get contact details for where they are. Most important of all I like that you can search their catalogue from Facebook which is a really good and useful service.
Well that's enough Social Networking for me I now have to go and update our Olympic Games Displays and medal table. Go the Kiwis

No comments: